Search Charity Events
Sponsor a Child with ICC
Join us this May with MS Swimathon Mackay
Join The Walk MS Hawaii
Stories of young people in nursing homes.
2nd Annual Poker Tourney Fundraiser for Renee Avis
Join us for an enchanted evening students working in Public Interest Law
Join us make a difference in Africa this 2014
Walk with us on May 18
The Julia Creek Dirt & Dust Festival celebrates its 20th year
A memorable evening to celebrate all creatures great and small!
Celebrate with us at charity: Ball 2013
Raise money for the American Red Cross (over $38,000 so far)
Shout a Coffee Day
Supported by Rotary Club, ShelterBox will bring more hope to Filipino people
Help fundraise for the construction of a community health clinic
Support for Recovery of Phailin Effected People in India
Philippines to Rise Again After Typhoon Haiyan
How you can help people in the Phillipines affected by Cyclone Haiyan?
Convoy of Hope’s Hope for the Filipinos
Join Us for a Walk to Cure Diabetes
Dine Smart Fires up this November
Join Sophie the Swan this November in New York
Run for charity, run for Peace
Green Carpet Soiree Fundraiser
Youth Empowerment Event to benefit Wishbone
The World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine is a monumental fundraising affair, which has sparked off other initiatives, like the 40 litres in 40 hours drought response, and it's on again in August.
People have been depriving themselves of a weekend of food for years to help raise money for families and children in under-resourced countries who don't have ready access to food, and to experience and empathise with the feeling of famine.
But the 40 Hour Famine has expanded out to include so much more than that now. It has become a lesson in self deprivation and the only requirement is that you give up something of worth to yourself.
Whilepeople deprive themselves of food, electricity, furniture, friends or something a little kooky and zany,they accumulate funds for World Vision Australia by having sponsors donate money according to how successfultheir famine is.
Of course, there are other ways to get involved by becoming a World Vision Youth Ambassador or by pasting your face up in the Stir petition.
This is Australia's chance to care about the world through sacrifice and charity sponsorship. Every $40 raised will help feed and care for eight kids for a whole month.
The World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine is on August 17-19.
Search For More Articles Related to:
- x Close
- San Diego Chargers Kick Off Dinner
- Australia Zoo Great Garage Sale
- Dodgers' Derek Lowe Charity
- Anime Evolution 2007
- Make-A-Wish Glasgow Half Marathon
- Robbie Williams David Beckham
- Matt Damon Charity Gala
- Giant Condom Safe Sex
- Cleveland Browns NFL Dinner
- Survivor Charity Bikini Auction
- LA Stars Celebrity All-Star Weekend
- Kevin Bacon Charity
- Paris Hilton For Charity
- Scarlett Johansson Oxfam Ambassador
- Milla Jovovich Eva Mendes "Naked" Auction
- London to Paris Bike Ride
- Kanye West Benefit Concert
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Hilary Swank Charity Chop
- Madonna Annie Lennox 'Sing' For A Cause
- Harry Potter The Musical
- The Hollywood Cookbook
- Scotlands Richest Man Â£1bn
- C-Webbâ€™s Bada-Bling Celebrity Weekend
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette EB
- Bindi Irwin's Birthday
- Cybill Shepherd Fight Against Sexual Assault
- Donald Trump MTV
- Beyonce Knowles Food Drive
- Pearl Jam Lollapalooza Auction
- World Peace Festival
- Russell Crowe Australian Children's Music Foundation
- The Wiggles RSPCA
- Harry Potter And The Wish Foundation
- The Running Of The Nudes
- Alonzo Mourning Charity
- Aussie Celebrities Charity Footy
- Phil Rizzuto Celebrity Charity Golf
- Hot August Nights at the Playboy Mansion
- Spike Lee Alicia Keys charity bid
- Bad Art Auction
- NAIDOC Week
- Robbie Williams Give It Sum
- F1â„¢ London Charity Party
- Princess Diana Charity Concert Auction
- World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine
- Ante Up For Africa