Search Charity Events
Get the child back to school campaign!
20,000 cute, bright yellow rubber duckies to race for charity!
High School Intern with Feeding Children Everywhere
Rockhampton MS Swimathon
25 to 5 sto join us for our inaugural mixer- an evening of networking, discovery and charitable cheer
Volunteer with CASA of Morris and Sussex Counties!
Charity Concert for Comic Relief (2015)
Host- a- Dinner- So- They- Can- Eat Program
A Food & Craft Fair in Edinburgh, run by the Eric Liddell Centre.
Humanitarian in Morocco with AODVSF
LLS Million Dollar Mission Fundraiser in February for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Aaron Lewis at Crumpin-Fox Club Joins 4th Annual Charity Event
ICAP’s 22nd Charity Day raises $12.5 million
World Vision Continues their Support to Typhoon Ruby Survivors
How Do We Help Typhoon Ruby (Hagupit) Survivors?
Become an advocate for children with CASA of Morris & Sussex Counties
ICAP Hold its 22nd Annual Global Charity Day this December 3, 2014
Christmas Charity Festival with Santa Toddle Parade
Paddington Christmas Festival and Christmas Twilight Markets
Volunteer Sponsorship Coordinator for WWCM
Very Special Kids Families Christmas Party
Eva Lognoria to Host padres Contra El Cancer’s 14th Annual “El Sueño de Esperanza”
Help Donate Computer for Slum Youth
Mercy Medical Foundation Annual Charity Ball
Agapanthus Announces their Launch on October 21, 2014
The World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine is a monumental fundraising affair, which has sparked off other initiatives, like the 40 litres in 40 hours drought response, and it's on again in August.
People have been depriving themselves of a weekend of food for years to help raise money for families and children in under-resourced countries who don't have ready access to food, and to experience and empathise with the feeling of famine.
But the 40 Hour Famine has expanded out to include so much more than that now. It has become a lesson in self deprivation and the only requirement is that you give up something of worth to yourself.
Whilepeople deprive themselves of food, electricity, furniture, friends or something a little kooky and zany,they accumulate funds for World Vision Australia by having sponsors donate money according to how successfultheir famine is.
Of course, there are other ways to get involved by becoming a World Vision Youth Ambassador or by pasting your face up in the Stir petition.
This is Australia's chance to care about the world through sacrifice and charity sponsorship. Every $40 raised will help feed and care for eight kids for a whole month.
The World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine is on August 17-19.
Search For More Articles Related to:
- x Close
- San Diego Chargers Kick Off Dinner
- Australia Zoo Great Garage Sale
- Dodgers' Derek Lowe Charity
- Anime Evolution 2007
- Make-A-Wish Glasgow Half Marathon
- Robbie Williams David Beckham
- Matt Damon Charity Gala
- Giant Condom Safe Sex
- Cleveland Browns NFL Dinner
- Survivor Charity Bikini Auction
- LA Stars Celebrity All-Star Weekend
- Kevin Bacon Charity
- Paris Hilton For Charity
- Scarlett Johansson Oxfam Ambassador
- Milla Jovovich Eva Mendes "Naked" Auction
- London to Paris Bike Ride
- Kanye West Benefit Concert
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Hilary Swank Charity Chop
- Madonna Annie Lennox 'Sing' For A Cause
- Harry Potter The Musical
- The Hollywood Cookbook
- Scotlands Richest Man Â£1bn
- C-Webbâ€™s Bada-Bling Celebrity Weekend
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette EB
- Bindi Irwin's Birthday
- Cybill Shepherd Fight Against Sexual Assault
- Donald Trump MTV
- Beyonce Knowles Food Drive
- Pearl Jam Lollapalooza Auction
- World Peace Festival
- Russell Crowe Australian Children's Music Foundation
- The Wiggles RSPCA
- Harry Potter And The Wish Foundation
- The Running Of The Nudes
- Alonzo Mourning Charity
- Aussie Celebrities Charity Footy
- Phil Rizzuto Celebrity Charity Golf
- Hot August Nights at the Playboy Mansion
- Spike Lee Alicia Keys charity bid
- Bad Art Auction
- NAIDOC Week
- Robbie Williams Give It Sum
- F1â„¢ London Charity Party
- Princess Diana Charity Concert Auction
- World Vision Australia 40 Hour Famine
- Ante Up For Africa